John and I visited Paris — our first time. We had an opportunity for a week in a time-share, and jumped at the chance.
Paris was at then top of John’s must-visit list. It was his birthday, so he got to decide. We went to Wien for my birthday and Neujahrstag. This time it was his turn.
What can one do in Paris in a week? Not enough. Paris has much to offer, and you simply have to prioritize. Here is my (incomplete) list of world-class offerings Paris has:
5. Restaurants as a culinary adventure
6. Pastry shops and bakeries
11. Neighborhood walks including all of the above
12. Famous monuments
13. Rioting in the streets (do they still throw up barricades in front of Hôtel de Ville and keep guillotines handy?)
14. Verbal abuse in a romance language
Us? We focused on first-timer sight seeing, architecture, lots of walking, as much of selected museums as we could manage, and (musical) theater. Since we were in a time-share, we limited restaurants to one meal a day, usually picking something handy for the neighborhood we happened to be in. Lunches usually came from the grocery store, in itself a minor adventure. And a bit of shopping.